Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Who am I?


I am Ashley Bonzani.
I am a sister, a friend, a teacher, a "tree hugger," a passionate learner, a Hoosier, and so much more.
Recently, I graduated from Indiana University's School of Education with a concentration in English.

While helping others has always been my passion, teaching was not my traditional route at the beginning. I began my college career as a nursing major with English as my minor. I have always loved working with people and I have always had a strong passion for words and the power behind them, as well has the opportunities they provide. Quickly into my freshman year here at IU, I realized that nursing wasn't quite for me. I decided to branch out and take a few exploratory classes, one of which, was an education class. I fell in love with the idea of working closely with children and helping them become open minded, accepting individuals. I decided to connect my passion for English with my new-found love of education; thus I was thrust into the School of Education as a secondary English education major.

This love I have for teaching, strongly follows my commitment to global issues. There are so many circumstances and situations around the world that may be inspiring, breathtaking, or even heartbreaking; as global citizens, we should make it a priority to become involved in the issues. Being knowledgeable individuals allows us to look critically and deeply at many situations while connecting them to our everyday lives. It is important that we actively connect to these many global issues so that we can work in harmony to create a stronger and more peaceful environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment